The Huon Show was first held at the Huonville Recreation Ground in 1947. The move was made to Ranelagh with the Show now being held on the present site since 1956.
Since this move, a number of improvements to the area have been made including the building of the Committee Room (Munro Room), a Show Office, purchase of ground adjacent to the Showground and in 2008 a substantial upgrade to the power supply.
The Show is conducted by a small Committee and over the years has continued to grow. Attendance at the Show is in the vicinity of 10,000 patrons and receives considerable support from all areas south of Hobart and beyond.
A feature of the Show is that the day has remained a ‘typical’ country Show – offering a wide range of competitions, entertainment and with the added addition of a large line-up of agricultural equipment and machinery.
Please Note: Only dogs actually taking part in the Kennel Section or the Rural Youth Dog High Jump are permitted on Showground.