The Homecrafts Schedule for the Huon Show includes competitions for cooking, flowers, floral art, photography, knitwear, home produce, handcrafts, needlework, and a schools section.
The Schedule for Saturday can be downloaded via the link Home Industries Schedule 2019 , the Homecrafts Entry Form 2019 is available separately if needed. Entries close at different stages so please check the schedule. For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. All exhibits must be bona fide work of exhibitors, no more than 5 years from completion, and must be clean and not previously worn.
2. No distinguishing marks or names to be on exhibits.
3. Two tickets will be given by steward on receipt of entry, one will be attached to exhibit, the other to be retained by exhibitor and produced when collecting item at the end of show.
4. It will be at the judge’s discretion as to whether any item is judged if the details requested in the schedule have not been followed.
5. Cut flowers will be sold for show funds.
6. No exhibits to be removed before 4.00 p.m.
7. No article to be removed without production of exhibitor’s card.
8. All exhibits must be removed by 5.00 p.m., if prior arrangement has not been made with the chief steward, and will be removed at owner’s risk.
9. Awards will be given to exhibitors gaining the most overall points in each section.
10. Individual prizes will be awarded at the discretion of the judges and judges may give special awards if work merits it.
11. Weldon Memorial Trophy for the highest aggregate points obtained in the Home Produce, Handcraft and Horticulture sections.
Times for Entries
Closing times for entries varies, so please see below. Please note that due to entry numbers NO LATE ENTRIES ARE ABLE TO BE ACCEPTED.
1. Entries for Sections A (Flowers) and B (Floral Art) will be received up to 7.30 p.m. on Friday night, 15th November, 2019. Judged at 8.00 p.m. All flowers to be grown by exhibitor, except Floral Art.
2. Entries for Sections C (Knitwear), D (Needlework), G (Handcraft) and H (Needlework) will be received up until 2.00 p.m. on Friday, 15th November, 2019. Judged at 2.30 p.m. sharp
3. Entries for Sections E (Cooking), F (Home Produce) and I (Cookery) 4 entries from one exhibitor or group, will be received up to 5.00 p.m. on Friday, 15th November, 2019. Judged at 5.30
4. Handcraft Pavilion will be open Thursday night, 14th November, 2019, from 6.00 p.m. until 8.00 p.m. as an added convenience for exhibitors.
5. No entry fee is payable.